Photo 3, Quarter 4
Win a 3D film camera: Mrs Luongo and the class will vote on the best 3D effect of the photos we transform... the best photo will win the camera! Each person enters the contest 3 times because they are required to submit three 3-D pictures.
This year, our first project in Quarter 4 in Photo 3 will explore 3-D Stereoscopic Photography! This project will be based on PAIRS of digital images you take, and will involve using Photoshop to edit them to look absolutely 3 dimensional! When you photograph, you will need to plan the composition of your photos in 3-dimensions. The most effective photos will be featured at our Photography show in early June 2017.
The students to the left posed for our class photograph 4-25-17 and We look forward to seeing their 3d photos here in the near future!
START OFF WITH TWO PHOTOS TAKEN ABOUT 3 INCHES APART, TRY MANY TAKES, TRY OUT DIFFERENT PAIRS- SOME WORK SOME WILL NOT-DON'T JUST THROW ME ANYTHING... IT HAS TO LOOK 3D EASILY WEARING 3-D GLASSES-NOT VIBRATING!!!!!
1) Be sure there is a foreground, middle ground and background or it won't look LIKE AN AMAZING 3D PIC
2) Be sure it is a photo that is pleasing- and well composed in the first place; "would everyone hang this photo on their wall?" Don't take a photo of just a soda can; you are ALL GROWN UP and in Photo 3 now! If you forgot the rules of composition see photo 2 tab! link below:
rules of good composition: www.digital-photo-secrets.com/tip/3372/18-composition-rules-for-photos-that-shine/
3) Make sure the two photos are the same but 3" apart
4) Two of the 3 can be in class but one must be elsewhere.
5) Don't use the photo if it is poor quality, blurry, inappropriate, or a "so what" photo. (Why do all the work for a "so what" photo?)
Plan and Compose;
In class, plan and compose your photographic composition for maximizing the 3-dimensional effect! We will work in groups to plan, take photos, analyze our photographic compositions, and re-adjust compositions as necessary to create the most dynamic look.
Set up and Photograph; We will use a digital camera in class, and students will take photos on their own time at home as well. YES YOU MAY USE YOUR CELL PHONE!
Photo Edit; We will learn the science behind the way the eye sees and why we see in 3-dimensions... we will use Photoshop to re-create the effect and print our photographs in class. There are many tutorials on You Tube that teach how to do this, but I find the one above the most straight forward and I will teach this method in class. Feel free to watch the video, the more you watch it, the easier to understand. I have 3-D glasses for my students in class; be sure to pick yours up or you cannot see the images in 3-D!